Monday, October 19, 2015

I am still alive!

I just wanted to let you know that I am still alive.  I'm just really horrible about writing on my blog.  I have all these things and ideas in my head to write about, but when I sit down to write them I can't get them to sound right.  I think I'm a little special that way.  I could always go to video blogs, but I have lost my voice and nobody would be able to understand me.  Also, I don't want to scare people.

So this is how our 2015 has gone so far.

This winter Jeremy and I started playing indoor soccer.  It is a lot of fun, I recommend it very much.  We are both on a break right now though.  Jeremy got hurt and I was going to be way to busy with my kids and their sports and school.  I was on a really good all women's team.  We won almost every game, I think we lost a couple.  I even scored a few goals.  Super fun sport, I didn't like soccer before, but now I love it.

We signed Tyra up for swim this year.  She is really good at it and has moved up to bronze swim team.  She just gets lazy and doesn't want to go to practice, so I have to make her.  Once she is there she has fun and enjoys it.  That girl loves water.  We are hoping she falls in love with it and will start competing soon.  Tyra has also started middle school this year.  I can't believe she is that old.  She is excited about school, even though we have days she doesn't want to go.  She join a tech class where she gets to mess with technology.  She is also trying to learn how to play the gaiter, electric and acoustic.  I'm not much help since I'm a drummer and I have no idea how to tune a gaiter.  She's smart, she will figure it out.  I just have to buy her an amp.  We have given Tyra an incentive for the year, we told her that if she gets straight A's this semester we will pay her $50.  She is smart enough to do it, she just gets lazy and bored, so hopefully this will help.

Shelby is playing soccer again.  She started the year in rec with Nova now she is playing in the Gunners program with Nova.  I guess they are a little more competitive and they can travel to competitions.  We didn't travel this year since it is her first year to play with the gunners program.  Maybe next year.  She is a good soccer player, we need to find a coach that can spend some time with her to explain things.  If she had that she could be an excellent soccer player.  She loves playing soccer.  Shelby is my all around athlete.  She is pretty good at almost anything she tries to play.  She is a runner.  Last May she ran her mile in 7 min 20 secs.  I wish I could run that fast.  She is now in the 3rd grade and she loves her classes and makes friends easy, so we have never had a problem with her being social.  We are still having issues with her reading and writing.  We are hoping to get her tested for Dyslexia here soon.  If that is what the problem is we are hoping to get her the help she needs.  She is very artistic and is interested in everything.  She defiantly keeps me busy.

We adopted 2 dogs.  Jethro (who is full coon hound) and Rodney (who is part heeler mix).  Those two dogs are so funny and they keep us so busy.  We love having them around even though we have days were they drive us crazy.  We love them and are so glad they were adopted into our family.  So now we have 2 dogs and 3 cats.  Some days I think we will go crazy with all the craziness in this house.  But we love it.

As for me, I am still working at the school as a noon duty.  I have a love hate relationship with it.  There are days I love being around the kids and then I have days it is to stressful.  I probably wont be doing it again next year.  I need a break.  I haven't started any cool projects and I haven't read any cool books this year.  I have put back on the 15lbs I lost at the beginning of the year (not proud), now I need to work on losing it again.  My house is a mess most of the time and probably smells like dog, no matter how much Scentsy(which I still sell) I melt.  We are happy, some what healthy and are still alive.  We are grateful for all of our family members and we were so glad to be able to see you all sometime or another this year.  We wish we could see you more often.  We all have our own lives and are busy.  I will hopefully keep up with my blog.  Sometimes my brain gets overwhelmed and all I want to do is eat Ice cream and potato chips and sit and watch stupid reality TV shows to make me feel better.  I am try to except who I am and not worry about what other people think of my.  Yes I am 5 ft and look like a balloon.  Of course you are going to pat my head 10 year and tell me you are taller then me.  I need to feel good to be me.  I should eat healthier though, I know that would make me feel good and through in some exercises in once and a while.  I will admit, that I do love riding my bike and if I wasn't so busy all the time (and tired) I would ride it everyday.  So I will end my post now.  I will try my best to keep up with everyone.  My life is so interesting you guys just can't wait to read about it :)

No Pictures today, sorry.

1 comment:

Rachel Chick said...

I love hearing about your life! We sure miss you guys, but will hopefully be down that way for a couple days around thanksgiving.