Thursday, June 26, 2008

Family Reunion

I've been meaning to blog soon, but I have had some really bad headaches ever since we have been home. I hope it is just allergies. Hopefully they will get better. They aren't bothering me at this time. Other then that we had a really fun weekend. I love being able to spend time with my family. I just wished it was longer. Maybe if we add one more day, that would be nice. I really loved the house Levi and Katie were able to get for the weekend. I wish we had something like that to go to each year. It was a really nice house. I am glad that we know we will be able to spend time with each other at least once a year. I look forward to it every year.

I really love the ocean. I'm not too fond of the cold weather, but the ocean is beautiful. We were able to go to a sandy beach and a rocky beach. Tyra got to swim in the ocean. It was fun until she got too cold. I would set foot in the water. I'm not fond of cold water. I think Shelby wanted to go in, but mommy wouldn't let her. Jeremy took her in once, that was enough. My girls had a wonderful time playing with the other grand kids. Tyra always loves seeing her cousins. I just wished we could see them more often. Jeremy and I had a good time playing card games. I like the idea of family's doing a meal. I get to try new things that I probably wouldn't have tried. The bean and rice burritos were very good. I have never tried guacamole until this weekend. I really liked it. So now when it is on things I wont be afraid to eat it.

Once again, Sunday came to fast and we all had to leave. I think most everyone went home. We ended up fallowing the coast up to Washington. We seen some beautiful scenery. We went through Tillamook. We stopped at the factory, but it was too busy. We seen the huge air museum, but didn't stop. We went to Astoria and crossed the huge bridge into Washington. Then some how we made it all the way to Seattle. It was a nice drive. The girls were really good. We stayed at the Air Base in Tacoma. The next day we went to Seattle for a little bit. We went to Pike Place Market. We watched the guys throw fish. I think Tyra thought it was gross, because she was covering her mouth the whole time. Then we just walked on the piers. We had to get home, so we didn't spend a lot of time there. We seen the space needle. Tyra was reminded of little Einsteins, and told me that balloons pop up there. She could point it out and tell me that was the space needle without me telling her. We seen Qwest Field were the Seahawks play. I just wished it was football season so I could watch a game. Then we headed home.

We had a good trip home. We had to stop a couple of times. Shelby got car sick and ended up throwing up around Kenawick, Washington. So we had to stop and clean her up. We had to smell throw up all the way home. Not nice. We stopped in Baker City to eat and then everyone fell asleep except for Jeremy. Poor guy. He drove all the way. I think it because my driving scares him. Now we are home and our animals are glad to see us. I've been trying to keep up the cleaning even with my headaches. Once and a while I get to sneak a nap in. I should be in bed right now, plus I have just wrote a book. So I will leave it at that. I love all of my family. I can't wait to seem how much they have grown next June.

No comments: