Saturday, February 27, 2010

New Books

Hey everyone! I finished at least one of the books that I said I was reading. I finished The Book Thief. Very good book, but really sad. If you read it you will most likely cry or at least tear up. It is very good though. I didn't finish The Known World. I just couldn't get into it. I felt like a jerk at the book club when I had to tell them I haven't even finished the first chapter part. I am still working on Anne Frank's Diary.

Well I am starting a couple of new books. One I chose to read on my own and the other one is what we are reading next at the book club.

First one, THE TIME TRAVELER'S WIFE

I was told that this was a really good book, so I thought I would read it before I watched the movie. I hope it is a good book.

Second One, Memoirs of a Geisha

I heard this was a good book, so I was pretty excited to have it chosen for the next book in the book club. I have a long time till it needs to be read. Our next club meeting is May 7th. So I have time to read my 1st and 2nd book. Really excited about reading these books. I guess I should get to reading them. I'll let everyone know how they turn out.

Oh and if you have any other suggestions on books to read, let me know. I love suggestions.

3 comments:

Melyni + Alma said...

I didn't really like "The Time Travelers Wife".

Jessica Raber said...

I hated the Time traveler's wife...you will have to tell me if you like it....but I liked the movie...:)

The Mayberry's said...

I have been wanting to see the Time Travelers Wife, I didn't know there was a book.
Memoirs of a Gaisha, I watched the movie when I lived in Japan. Loved it! I would love to read the book.