Sunday, January 31, 2010

Books I am reading

I love to read, but I don't get a lot of time to do it. But right now I will be reading 3 books. One of them I have put on hold for a while, because I own it and I can pick it up and read it any time.
One I am currently reading and there is one I have started ready yet but will soon.

The first one is Ann Frank A Diary of a Young Girl. I am half way throw it. I have been working on this book for a while now. I think I started reading it before Christmas. It is a good book A little slow reading, but I guess that is what you get when it's someone diary. I have enjoyed reading it though.

Second one is The Book Thief. I am not that far into it, but I do like what I have read. I started reading this book because my little Sister Melyni really liked it and suggested it to everyone on her blog. So I found it at the library on base and began to read it. It might take me a while to get through, it is kind of a big book.


The third book is a book the library on base gave me to read for their book club. I haven't started reading it, but I should. The next meeting isn't until February 26th so I have all of February to read it. As long as February doesn't go by fast. The book is, The Known World.
It tells the story of Henry Townsend, a black farmer and former slave who falls under the tutelage of William Robbins, the most powerful man in Manchester County, Virginia. Making certain he never circumvents the law, Townsend runs his affairs with unusual discipline. But when death takes him unexpectedly, his widow, Caldonia, can't uphold the estate's order and chaos ensues.
I will let you know how the book goes when I start reading it.

So those are the books I will be reading this February. Hopefully I can get them all read. I really love to read. So any suggestions on books would be good. I will probably let everyone know how the books are when I am done reading them.

1 comment:

Jessica Raber said...

I liked the book thief too, but I like just about anything set in WWII.