Saturday, January 2, 2010
FOR GRAPES!!!
Today we went to Walmart to get a few groceries. I mostly wanted to buy some fruit. I am hoping that if we have more fruit in the house I will be more likely to eat that then junk food. First we ran into Oranges. 20 cents a piece. So we picked up 7 of them, came to $1.40. Then we picked up some granny smith apples $1.37 a lb, came to 3.36. We only got like 5 apples out of that. Then we got some bananas 49 cents a lb, came to $1.61. Then we picked up some green grapes. Shelby loves these so we get them. They are $3.88 a lb. We got 2.47 lbs and it came to $9.58. YEAH YOU HEARD ME!!! $9.58! That is crazy! I couldn't believe it when I see what it came to. Yeah it is my fault of picking up a big bag of grapes, but my family loves them. Come on, something that is healthy for you should be that expensive. It drives me crazy how expensive fruit and vegetables are. I think even milk and cheese is expensive. In a lot of states people don't have to play taxes on food. Real food, not junk food. I think that is the way Idaho should be. I don't think you should have to pay taxes on fruit, vegetables, milk, cheese, bread, eggs and other food that you need. The way the economy is going everything is going to be super expensive and nobody will be able to afford anything. I don't care what Obama says. The economy isn't getting any better and with all his spending it wont. We are just going to pay more taxes. So now I ranted and raved about my $9.58 grapes, next time you hear me complain it will probably be over paying $5 for a gallon of milk or a loaf of bread. I just want some healthy food for my family. I would have gone shopping at the commissary, which is cheaper but they seem to be closed all the time this time of year. So to Walmart we must go. Done and Done!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
We get our milk and stuff at costco. It is kind of expensive because everything is in bulk, but it actually is a lot more for your money... The other day we were out of milk and went to Walmart, it was almost $3 for a gallon of milk! At Costco we get 2 gallons for around $3 and we just freeze the second gallon until we are ready to use it... :)
I'm right there with you though, food is way to expensive!
Hey! I found your blog! How cool!
I hate that real food costs so much. I tried a garden this past summer to try to cut costs, but it was so hard! We freeze our milk too.
Post a Comment