Saturday, January 29, 2011

Children For Sale (I'm almost not kidding)

Today has been a rough day. My children woke up at 8:30 on a Saturday. Why can't they wake up early on a school day or a Sunday? I'm sure that is normal for normal kids, but my kids aren't normal. Not when they go to bed at 10 or 11 at night. I want them to go to bed earlier then that, but they fight me all the time. And living in a little house doesn't help. Why should I go to bed at 7 or 8 just to make my children go to bed. I have things I need to get done. I was just a little irritated that they got up so early. They don't usually get up until 9:30 or 10. Tomorrow when it will be time to get up for church they will cry and wine and say they are tired. That's what they do most days when they have to get up early, but not today.

The girls got invited to a birthday party today at the bowling alley on base. That was great, we could go do something today and they wouldn't bug me about being bored. Well I wanted to stop at the store and get me a soda since the bowling sells cans of soda for $.75. It was going to be a fast trip, in and out. Well so I thought. We got up to the check out and Shelby seen a picture of a cat on a magazine. Oh the cat was so cute and she just had to buy it. I told her no, that it was a big people magazine and she couldn't even read it, it was a readers digest. Well she wouldn't drop it. She started yelling and crying and saying she wants the magazine. She finally put it back, but was screaming a crying all the way outside. I was trying to grab her and she kept pushing away till she was almost in the road when a car was driving by. I grabbed her real fast and tried to explain to her. There is no explaining to Shelby. I had to deal with that fit for 15 minutes. Everyone was looking at me and I couldn't get her to calm down. I was seriously in tears. I was so mad at her for throwing a fit over a stupid magazine. She finally got calm down enough that Tyra could buckle her up in her car seat. We got to the bowling alley and I let Tyra go in and made Shelby stay out in the car for a while. We had a little talk, but as soon as we went inside she started throwing a fit again. We spent most of the birthday party in the bathroom and she didn't even get to bowl. She makes me not want to do anything, EVER!
Shelby has been getting worse I swear. The other day she threw a fit because I didn't buy the right t-shirt for Tyra. She always throws a fit in public places and when my hands are full. I almost can't stand her. I know that's not nice to say, but she drives me crazy, almost to the point that I feel I can't do it anymore. I don't know how to stop her from throwing these fits, nothing works. She's just crazy. We talked about getting her checked out, but honestly I just think it's her personality so why waste money on it. People say I know how you feel, but I don't think people really do. I have never seen a child throw a fit in public like Shelby does. It's all because she doesn't get what she wants. I am trying to stick to my guns and not give in, but sometimes it's just so hard. It would have been really easy for me to just buy her that magazine, but she needs to learn she's not the boss and when mom says no, it means NO. I just need to stay strong and not give in. I know that. I just don't know why Shelby is so difficult, she has gotten worse the older she gets. I hoping she will grow out of it soon and it's only a phase.

Ok, sorry for all the ranting and raving. I just had to get that off my chest. I still feel like crying even thinking about Shelby's fits. Oh and the other child's for sale because she likes to talk back and not do what I ask her to do. No, I better keep my children. They make me really happy most days, but then we have those really bad days like today. I think I just need a nap. Shelby is spending the rest of the day in her room. That's probably good for her, and for me.

Ok, I think I'm done complaining about my kids. I love them so much, but we defiantly have our days.

1 comment:

The Moore Family: said...

Hang in there. Sounds like her room is probably where she needs to be... even if just for your own sanity. Winston used to do that too. He had me in tears many times. It's really frustrating. He has finally grown out of it. Hopefully Shelby will soon, too. Stick to your guns... sometimes love has to be tough. Love ya, sis.