Tuesday, June 5, 2012

The Chickmas Family Reunion (On the way up)

We left Thursday morning to head up to Tracy's house.  For most part it was a nice drive.  We made a long stop in Weiser Idaho and had some lunch.  My sister Katie made us all sandwiches.  Then we were on our way again.  We stopped at New Medows.  This is where Jeremy caught up with us on his motorcycle.  He didn't stay with us for long.  He got a head of us, he likes to go fast on his motorcycle.

We stopped at a restroom before we went into Riggins.
Here are the girls playing by the river.

We also stopped at a little fruit stand outside of Riggins.  They had some really yummy huckleberry pie filling.  I wished I could have bought some.  Maybe next time.



The Canola fields outside Grandgeville ( I love those)

After Grandgeville we got behind a drunk driver.  Really it was my mom and my sister who were right behind him.  It was really scary to watch him.  My mom and sister were able to pass him, but then he passed my sister again.  A truck that was in font of me called the police.  We got stopped at a construction site and a Idaho stater got in front of Katie and when we were out of the construction zone pulled the guy over.  It was really scary.

I took this picture waiting at a construction zone. I love all the green.

We finally made it to Tracy's house, all of us safe.  It was so good to be at her house finally.  Jeremy beat us there but I figured that.  Now it was time to start our super fun weekend.

2 comments:

Melyni + Alma said...

Thanks for sharing. That's scary about the drunk driver. What time of day was it anyway?

Mom Chick said...

Mely, it was in the afternoon. I was driving Grandpa Larson's car. We followed him for about 30 miles or so. He was all over the road. I kept thinking as we came to town exits that he would get off the road. But NO!! He came within just inches of hitting the side of a semi coming towards us -- I mean like a nose dive into the side of the trailer! Other times he was almost totally off the road on the right side!! In a calm wide spot I went around him but he swerved into me and I hit the edge of the left side of the road. Katie said I hit the dirt -- I don't remember!! She went around him on an uphill passing lane but then he passed her on a blind corner!! I was sooooooo happy to see that State Patrol vehicle pull in between the drunk and Katie. So grateful no one was hurt. Miss you guys!