Cajun Potato Soup Recipe
2 TBSP: Unsalted Butter
1/2 Onion, diced
2 stalks of celery
2 C: Milk
3 TBSP: all-purpose flour
3 C: Chicken Broth
1 can of corn
2 lbs. red potatoes
1 1/2 tsp.: Slap Ya Mama Cajun Seasoning (or any kind of Cajun Seasoning)
1/2 tsp.: thyme
1/4 tsp.: Oregano
Salt to taste
1. Melt butter in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onions and celery and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 5 minutes.
2. Gradually whisk in the milk and the flour, and cook, whisking constantly, until incorporated, about 1-2 minutes.
3. Stir in Chicken broth, corn, potatoes, Cajun seasoning, thyme, oregano and salt.
4. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 20-30 minutes.
This recipe turned out really good. I adapted it to the things I had in my kitchen and a way my kids would eat it. They loved it.
Here is the actual recipe, (ya, I changed the name too)
No comments:
Post a Comment