Tuesday, June 30, 2009

2009- Chick Family Reunion at Nat-Soo-Pah

Last weekend we to Nat-Soo-Pah for our family reunion. It's a nice camping, park and swimming area between Twin Falls, Idaho and Jackpot, Nevada. It's by a little town called Hollister. It was a really nice place to have our family reunion. It is right on a hot spring, so the swimming pool was warm. We also had a nice little stream right by where we were camping. The kids loved to play in it. At first everything didn't go so well for us. We didn't leave the house until late that evening. We got to the camping spot about midnight. It isn't really that far from where we live. Maybe about 2 hours away. We got there tired and ready to put up our tent. Well we just shoved our tent into the car because the bag had riped, there for we didn't have a bag to put it in. Jeremy pulled out the tent and the poles for the tent were now where to be found in our car. By that point Jeremy was very upset. It just hadn't been a very good day. We were saved though. My brother Nels has a nice big Astro van that he pulled the seat out of and let us sleep in it. Thank you once again Nels and Rachel for letting us sleep in your van. You guys are a life saver. We owe you one!We got some rest and the next morning was a new day. It is always fun hanging around my family. I love it. I wished our reunions were a week long and not just a weekend. It seems like that two days isn't enough time. We woke up ate breakfast, took pictures and then went swimming. The pool was reasonably priced. $5 for adults and $3 dollars for kids under the age of 6 years old. It cost us less then $20 to go swimming for a day. Once you were done, you got your hand stamped and you could come back later to go swimming. The girls had a lot of fun swimming. They had a water slide that we all went down. I was holding Shelby of course. Shelby got use to swimming and didn't want me to hold on to her anymore. Her and Tyra are little water bugs. They love being in the water. It was so much fun watching my brothers and brother-in-laws go down the slide to. They made huge splashes that the kids loved. It was pretty funny. It was so much fun, we would like to do it again sometime. We ended up going swimming one more time that day, when it wasn't so busy.
That night after dinner we had an 80's night. We dressed up as the 80's and lipsinked to songs. It was so much fun. Shelby really got into it. She loved rocking out. Me, Tyra and Shelby all sang "We got the beat" by the Go, Go's, then I sang with Shelby "I love rock and roll" by Joan Jett and then we got all the kids together and sang "Eye of the tiger" by Survivor. I think almost each family had a song to lipsink to. After that Jeremy and I put together a slide show with pictures of all of the family members. We had put music to it. We couldn't get it to copy onto DVD so we all had to watch it on Jeremy's laptop. I hope everyone liked it. We did it all within a week. So it was put together pretty fast. It was nice just being able to spend that time with our family. It's always sad seeing everyone leave. I can't wait till next year. Thank you Katie and Josh for a wonderful family reunion. It was a lot of fun. The Girls practicing for the lipsink contest. Us in our outfits singing "We got the beat"
THE CHICK FAMILY
Now we are home and my house still is a mess. I guess I should be cleaning it instead of blogging. We are going to be taking off again this weekend for the 4th of July. We are going to Spirit Lake to spend it with Jeremy's family. We always have a blast up there. So I will have to write another blog when we get back. Have a wonderful 4th of July everyone.

No comments: