Wednesday, June 17, 2009

It's been crazy already and Summer just started!

Sorry it's been a while again. I sit down to blog, but then my internet goes out or something else happens at home. So I guess it's time for an update. My sister Tracy inspired me to blog. I figured if she can blog with dial up I should be able to blog to. I don't have dial up, but sometimes our it seems like it.

Well I'm going to have to think hard about what happened last month and the beginning of this month. Hmmm.... My brain is probably going to hurt after this. Well May we kept pretty busy. Jeremy got back from his 3 week trip May 2nd. I guess he had fun. He got to see his family in San Antonio and go to a Jimmy Buffet restaurant in Kansas City. He was glad to be home though. When he got home he jumped in to his drill weekend and only really had one day to recover before going back to work. He's a tough guy. My sister Melyni and her husband came down and they ran for the Race for the Cure with Jeremy. I didn't do it this year because I didn't have anyone who would walk with me and I didn't want to walk by myself. So I went and got some SWAG (stuff we all get) and watched for Jeremy, Melyni and Alma on the side lines. I made sure I had some water for them.
A couple of pictures of Jeremy in Kansas.
I started going to a Close to my Heart card club and scrap booking club in May. It's fun. I haven't really done any scrap booking but it is fun to go and make the cards and the pages. Also it gives me time away from my kids. I celebrated my 27th birthday (man I'm getting old) on Friday May 15th. We celebrated it by doing a Kids Run on base. Well, I didn't run. Jeremy and Tyra did. They had a lot of fun. Jeremy ran the 5K and Tyra ran the 1/2 mile. She did such a good job. She ran almost the whole way. She walk for a little bit and then picked it back up. After she was done with her race she told me she beat her daddy. I even got a picture of her beating her daddy. After that we went out and ate at Taco Bell, my choice. It was fun hanging out as a family on my birthday.
Tyra was super excited to run.
Tyra crossing the finish line. If you look really closely at this picture you will see her dad a ways behind her. "I beat Daddy!" She loves to win. Just like her dad.
Shelby can't run in the race, but it didn't stop her from running.

For Memorial weekend we went up to Spirit Lake to spend some time with Jeremy's family and see his grandma. We had a lot of fun up there. Tyra tried to fish and Shelby helped Aunt Sue with her flower bed. Jeremy and I went to our first Arena football game in Spokane. That was a lot of fun. We got to hangout with his cousins and their spouses. We love being up there, it seems so peaceful. Jeremy and I celebrated our 7th wedding anniversary on the 25th of May. We went down and helped Jeremy's uncle Lee build a bridge for our anniversary. It was fun hanging out with everyone. After wards we went back to Bill and Sue's house and they made steak for our anniversary. It was really nice. We are hoping to go back up there for the 4th of July.

Shelby helping Sue with her flower garden
Tyra Fishing
BEST FRIENDS!!!
Playing at the lake

Jeremy and his Uncle Lee The girls, Jeremy and Grandma Betty

After we got back from Northern Idaho Jeremy had to get ready for his Guard 2 weeks. He started that on the 29th of May. He got to come home the first week. The second week he spent some time in the field. It rained almost the whole time he was out there. The poor man was probably soaking wet most of the time. He is done with that until next year. We didn't do a whole lot while he was gone. We have been going to Story time every Thursday at the Base Library and also going down to Summer reading at the Grand view Library Thursday night. The girls have a lot of fun doing that. Also Jeremy's Uncle Bill stopped and seen us while he was on his way down to Utah. That was nice to see him. So that has been our summer so far. I've been wanting to go to the gym, but I've only been able to go a few times. It might have to wait till July.

We are looking forward to seeing everyone at our family reunion at the end of this month. We love going to our family reunion. It should be a lot of fun. Right now my nephews are here hanging out with us. The kids love playing together. I think they were outside almost all day yesterday. It's been fun having them here. Well I've wrote a book. So I better go now.

1 comment:

Our Family said...

SO CUTE!! Your girls are adorable!
~Heather