Monday, November 22, 2010

Our Trip to Northern Idaho

Last week we took our yearly tip up to northern Idaho (we skipped last year due to car issues). It was a nice trip. We stayed up there for little over a week. It was nice to get away for a little while. I have to give a big thanks to my mom for taking care of my animals and my house. Tim and Raytha own a couple of time shares up in Blanchard Idaho. Their week is in November. So we drove up there on Thursday Nov 11th and stayed the night at Fairchild AFB Spokane WA. They put us in TLF, which would have been nice if it was clean. Jeremy found some unwanted hairs around the bathroom sink and in the tub. Other then that it was ok. We met up with Jeremy's parents and his brother and wife on Friday morning. It was nice to meet Jared's wife Krystal. This was my first time meeting her. We headed our way to Blanchard from there.
We stopped and seen Jeremy's Grandma Betty first. That was one of the reasons we went up this year. Which is a good thing we did. Betty celebrated her 88th birthday on November 13th. She has been staying in a nursing home for a long time now. Jeremy's Grandpa passed away in February this year. Grandma Betty wasn't looking so good. We knew she didn't have much time left. We visited her almost everyday we were up there. Jeremy got a phone call the day morning after we just got home telling him that his Grandma has past away. It was hard on him, but he knew she was in a better place. He will be leaving on Thanksgiving to head back up to Spirit Lake for her funeral. Me and the girls are staying behind to help my mom with Thanksgiving and to help her with my dad who just had knee surgery. Any ways, I didn't really get to know Betty that well. But what I didn't know is she was a wonderful woman. She was very much loved. Almost all of her children visited her as often as they could. I heard she was a wonderful cook. I just wished I got to know her better before she was in the nursing home.
Well, on to a hopefully happier not. We got to spend sometime with Jeremy's family. His aunts, uncles, and cousins. They are always a lot of fun. We enjoy visiting them. We didn't do a whole lot this trip. We just spent it with his parents and brother and his wife. Well, Jeremy's dad had to leave on Monday so we didn't get to spend a lot of time with him. Maybe next year. Jeremy got to hang out with his brother. I went to lunch one day with Raytha and Jeremy's aunt and cousins. It was a lot of fun visiting. We did some swimming and Shelby almost drowned herself in the hot tub. We played some games and just enjoyed not having to rush off and do anything. So it wasn't an exciting trip. Jeremy took the girls, Jared and Krystal up to St. Marie's to see his dad's cousin that owns a shop up there. The girls said it was a lot of fun. I can't think of a whole lot other then that. If I don't write it down right after it happens then I forget almost everything. We didn't have a nice time visiting family and we were glad to be able to visit Grandma Betty one last time before she passed.
So on Friday we took off and stayed the night at my sister's house in Colfax WA. We had a great time there. It is always nice to see her family. The kids had a blast. They love there cousin Winston. They played a lot outside, they would come in when their hands hurt and then when they warmed up they would go back outside and play in the snow again. It was nice staying there. Tracy took good care of us. Gave us a bed and some food and we even got to play a game and watch a couple of movies. Thanks Tracy for letting us stay there. She even let us take her oldest boy home with us. Which he probably wished he stayed now with all the little kids running around and him not knowing if he is going to make it home due to bad weather. We enjoy his company though.
Well, now we are home and it is snow and super cold. It is nice to be home though. I just wished my house wasn't a super mess before we left on our trip. I don't look forward to cleaning it. So that is some info on our trip up to Northern Idaho. Until next year, well unless we go up there this summer. That's when I like to visit Northern Idaho, not so cold. (I will be posting pictures. If not today then hopefully tomorrow.)

No comments: