Wednesday, March 30, 2011

3rd Day of Spring Break

We are now on the 3rd day of Spring Break (Wednesday). It wasn't a super exciting day today. We mostly stayed home. We did go to the BX to buy Tangled, I've been wanting to watch it ever since it started in the theater.

Well today I finally watch it. Great movie!

Other then watching Tangled we didn't do a whole lot. The weather wasn't super nice, but it was warm enough to play outside with a jacket on. It was also very windy. I was thinking today that it would be a great day to fly a kite. Well we didn't have a kite and I kept on forgetting to buy some for the girls. You know, March is kite month, you can't go with out flying a kite in March. March is almost over and we hadn't flown a kite yet. Well I improvised, this is what we used instead. The girls thought it was AWESOME!






I took some string and tied it to plastic sacks and sent my girls outside to fly plastic sacks. They had a blast and it was super cheap. It was pretty funny watching them fly plastic sacks around.

They also played in their little forest. They made puffin nests. Tyra's been really into puffins lately.


This is Tyra by her nest


This is Shelby sitting on her nest

We are now spending the evening as a family watching the movie...

That's right, The original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Movie!
My girls have been into the Ninja Turtles lately, so we thought it would be fun to watch the movie. They think it's awesome! They have been playing turtles during the movie. Shelby yells "Kill Shredder!" every time she see's him. Pretty funny.

Well that was our 3rd day of Spring Break.

1 comment:

The Moore Family: said...

I love the kites! Up here they call that 'redneck' (ha ha!) A very cool improvise you came up with there! :)