Tuesday, March 20, 2012
St. Patrick's Day and Tyra's 8th Birthday
We had a wonderful St. Patrick's Day! We always have a wonderful one since it's my oldest's birthday. We got to spend it with family and friends and it was wonderful.
We started off getting the girls pictures taken. I will post those pictures in a different post. They did really good and got out of there pretty fast. They have become pretty good posers.
After that Tyra wanted to go to Build a Bear for her birthday. It was Saturday so the line was CRAZY! She picked herself out a polar bear and named it Snowball. They gave me a $10 gift card, I thought that was pretty cool, I guess I will be using that for Shelby's birthday in September.
We went out to eat at Mongolian BBQ. That's where the girls want to go for their birthdays every year. I don't mind, I love that place.
After that we got to celebrate Tyra's birthday at home with some of her cousins, aunts and uncles, grandparents and some good friends. It was a St. Patrick's Day theme of course. We had pizza, green apples, green grapes, salad, carrots, pretzels, fruit dip, green gummy bears, mint chocolate chip marshmallows, celery with peanut butter, strawberries, green punch and sprite. Oh and you can't forget the cupcakes! I made some green velvet ones that turned your poop green and some chocolate cupcakes. They were all so yummy.
Tyra got some pretty cool gifts. She got a blanket from Grandma and Grandpa Larson, 2 DS games from Grandma Raytha, and Art set from Emily and Ali, a cute t-shirt and pj pants from her friend Garrett, nerds, candy bar and some LPS toys from the Bartlett kids, some Scriptures and a bag for it from Grandma and Grandpa Chick, Shelby gave her a huge pencil and a animal stick that makes noise, and she got $10 from Great Grandma Chick. That's all I can think of right now, so hopefully I didn't forget someone. She loved everything she got.
The kids had a good time. They play the Xbox kinect and played outside. It was good to have everyone over even though my house was a little bit crowded.
I hope you all had a wonderful St. Patrick's day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












No comments:
Post a Comment