Monday, April 22, 2013

Earth Day Nature Bike Ride

I found some nature scavenger hunt print outs on a website and thought it would be fun to go looking for things.  Which isn't very easy when you live in a city.

Here is the website I found the list on,

So we decided to get on our bikes and scooter (Tyra) and head off to see what we could find.
Which wasn't much.

We are off!
WE FIND...

A Red Tulip
A tree with white flowers that smell like fish, according to Shelby
A Cat on a trash can
Some acorn tops
a log with ivy on it
a bird nest
some ducks
the girls pose by the water, they couldn't resist
by and  on a log
Shelby wanted her picture taken by this yucca plant
and the water
Some pretty flowers
some more pretty flowers (if anyone knows what these are I would like to know)
helicopter seeds
This is Shelby's favorite tree
This is Tyra's favorite grass
As you can see we didn't find much on the list.

Shelby's Nature Craft
Shelby decided to find some stuff on our ride to take home to make a beautiful picture out of them.


Billie wants to help her

all done
Her finished picture, I have no idea what it is.
That girl loves arts and crafts.

1 comment:

Rachel Chick said...

How fun! I'll have to print off that scavenger hunt next time we go out! My kids would love that. Your girls are adorable and you are such a good mom. What a wonderful way to spend the day together! ---- Oh. And those flowers look like azaleas, but hard to tell without seeing the whole plant. If they were on a short-ish bush, that would be my guess. :)