Monday, December 2, 2013

25 Books till Christmas

So instead of doing a countdown chain or envelopes with fun ideas activities I decided to go with books.
 
We will be doing 25 Books till Christmas.
Yes I know, not as exciting as a chain or cool activities.
It just seems more relaxing and less stressful.
Plus we all need a little more reading in life, so I found some books from the library and our home about Christmas and winter and that is what we will be reading.
I might throw in some activities to go with the book, but I haven't decided.  It all depends on how my December goes.
 
So here are days 1 & 2, since we missed yesterdays book.
 
Book 1
Snow Pumpkin
This was a cute book, Shelby really liked it.
It is about two friends playing in the snow and make a snowman with a pumpkin head.
 
Book 2
Frozen Noses
This book was a little crazy to read.  It is pretty short though.
It is about friends playing outside on a winter day and then coming inside to warm up.
 
Here is my list for the month, in case anyone was interested,
 
Day 3: Christmas Farm- Mary Lyn Ray
Day 4:Winter, an Alphabet Acrostic- Steven Schnur
Day 5: Twelve Lizards Leaping- Jan Romero Stevens
Day 6: If you Take a Mouse to the Movies- Laura Numeroff
Day 7: Olive, the other Reindeer- J. Otto Seibold
Day 8: What Star is this- Joseph Slate
Day 9: The Jacket I wear in the snow- Shirley Neitzel
Day 10: Night Tree- Eve Bunting
Day 11: Dino's in the snow- Karma Wilson
Day12: Owl Moon- Jane Yolen
Day 13: Snow Tree- Caroline Repchuk
Day 14: Pete the Cat Saves Christmas- James Dean
Day 15: The Snow Angel- Glenn Beck
Day 16: Bunnies on Ice- Johanna Wright
Day 17: Snowmen at Night- Caralyn Buehner
Day 18: Snow Dog's Journey- Loretta Krupinski
Day 19: The Polar Express- Chris Van Allsburg
Day 20: Snow Day- Ezra Jack Keats
Day 21: Llama Llama Holiday Drama- Anna Dewdney
Day 22: How the Grinch Stole Christmas- Dr. Seuss
Day 23: Soldier's Night Before Christmas- Trish Holland
Day 24: Night Before Christmas- Clement C. Moore
Day 25: The story of Christ


Oh, and we will still be doing our movie night, still not sure on the list for December, it might change.


No comments: