Sunday, June 8, 2014

Nim's Island

So I have decided that I don't read to my children enough and I really need to change that.
So I started reading books to them other then the easy children story books with all those cute pictures.
 
We started off reading the book Nim's Island.
 
Shelby really enjoyed listening to the story.  She was excited for me to read and would beg me to read.  I felt good for making her happy and to look forward to something.  Especially since our movie night isn't going so well.
I don't think Tyra likes me reading because I mess up a lot and I think that really bugs her.
 
So we finally finished the book a couple of weeks ago.  Shelby found out there was a movie so we got to watch it for a movie night, which wasn't on a Friday.
 
Shelby said she liked the movie better, but what little kid wouldn't.  I liked the book better.  It was fun to read to them and have them ask questions about the book and when they watched the movie say, that didn't happen in the book.  That means they are paying attention.  It was a fun read.
 
We are almost done with our second book.  It is kind of short though, but it is historical.  I will write about it when we are done reading it.


No comments: