Friday, January 25, 2008

I'm trying to read here!

I've been working on reading the 10th book of the Tennis Shoe series. I've been working on it since last year. I am almost done with it. I have 3 or 4 chapters to go. I really love to read. When I was in High School I hated to read, but I think that is because the teacher made you read the most horrible books sometimes. Like the heart of darkness and the Red badge of courage. Those books were so boring. I would name many many more, but It's been like 7 years since I've been in school. Wow, it's already been seven years. I'm that old! Anyway, Yesterday I tried reading it to Shelby just so I could read the book. She listened for a while and then pushed the book away. She doesn't like me to do anything I enjoy doing. I sit down at the computer she starts crying, I sit down to read a book she starts crying, I give Jeremy a hug she starts crying, I hold and pet our kitten Billie she starts crying. It goes on and on. I really hope she grows out of this soon. We got her to sleep in her bed almost all through the night. She got up and climbed into bed with me when Jeremy got up to go to work. Shelby is defiantly making sure we don't get very much sleep. Ok, I was actually talking about reading at the beginning of this blog. I am hoping I can finish the book by today or tomorrow.

I am looking forward to reading the Passage to Zarahemla. I would like to get it read so I can go watch the movie when it comes to Boise (if it comes to Boise). Also my mom was taking about the book Chocolat. She said it was really good, so she is picking me up a copy at the library. So I will have a lot of reading to do. I really look forward to starting a new book. Weather it's Passage to Zarahemla or Chocolat. I just want to finish the Tennis shoe book. So I think I will stop writing and get to reading. If my girls will let me.

I really want to start reading this book too. I heard it is really good. I have to buy it first or see if the Library has it. I better read those other books first though. I want to see how many books I can read this year. Hopefully more then one.

1 comment:

Melyni + Alma said...

YOUR ON!! I'm SO going to read more books than you this year! I've already down 1. So as I was reading your blog, I notice you spelt definitely and whether wrong. I'm a butt, I know. Go to www.aliedwards.typepad.com. They show how to make this really cute book. I bought some felt for really cheap the other night and now I have a reason to use it....well, I have a reason to use it, that's why I bought it, but now I have something cooler to use it on. I could bring some felt over to you next time we visit, if you want me to.