I think Spring might finally be here. I guess the first day of spring doesn't really start until Thrusday. I just can't wait for it. I think the first day of spring should be in the beginning of March. Today it was raining off and on. In between the weather was decent. The sun was out and all you needed was a long sleeve shirt. It was really nice. I accually like spring rain. It is funny how it comes in spurts. It will be cloudy and rain for maybe 5 minutes and then it will be sunny for a while. I can't wait to wake up in the morning and smell the spring morning. We are looking forward to being able to play outside once and a while.
Ok, this weekend was really fun. We had Tyra's birthday party on Saturday. We weren't able to get a Easter Mickey Mouse cake, but she did get a really nice Mickey Mouse cake. We did do an Easter egg hunt. The kid really liked that. Shelby would find an egg and throw it on the ground. So most of the once that we got were cracked. I think she thought they would bounce. Melyni had to fight off the dogs, so they wouldn't still the eggs. I think they got away with a couple of them. Sneaky dogs! Her party was really fun. She enjoyed playing with her cousins. I will have to post some pictures later of her party.
Jeremy's mom flew in on Thursday, but we didn't see her until Friday. It was really nice having her here this weekend. It is always nice to visit with her. We went to Boise on Monday, which was Tyra's real birthday. The girls both got their pictures taken. They made the funniest faces. Tyra was sick of taking pictures after the first 2. So she would do a face smile. She would also give us a look that told us to hurry up. Shelby figured out the flash so she would smile and then look at the flash. It took us a while to get some good pictures. Good thing the photographers are patient. After that we went to Build-a-Bear. Tyra got herself an Elephant. That is her favorite animal along with a Turtle. I let Shelby get a $5 orange stripped kitten. She loves it. She cuddled with it last night. It was really cute. Jeremy's mom took us out to dinner to Fridays. That was really nice of her. I just wished my kids ate better. The weather wasn't too bad so we went to Albertson's Park in Boise and walked around. It was a nice walk other then the girls kept wanting to go pet the geese.
That was our weekend. It wasn't too stressful. Now all we have to do is get ready for Easter. I think I have all the basket stuff and the eggs stuffed with candy. All we need to do is paint eggs. That will be fun. We will do that before bath time sometime this week. I think we are going to be going down to Grand View on Saturday to their Easter egg hunt. We did it last year and Tyra had a blast. This time Shelby will be able to look for eggs. I will have to take lots of pictures. I have written a story so I better go.
I hope everyone had a good St. Patrick's Day. I also hope everyone has a wonderful Easter.
No comments:
Post a Comment