Sunday, August 8, 2010

Dutch oven cooking

Yesterday was the Larson's dutch oven cook off. We all had a lot of fun. Jeremy and I both made a dish. Jeremy made his famous chili and I made a new dish that I have never made before. I made Crispy Ranch Chicken. Both of the dishes turned out really good. All the food there was really good. We enjoy eating everything and visiting with family. My brother Erik made some really good rib-lets. He ended up winning 3rd place. I won 2nd and Aunt Debbie won 1st. I don't remember who won the other categories. Jeremy didn't win and I thought he should have. Maybe next year if he gets to go. We did win 5lbs of ground beef, can't go wrong with that.

Other then the food the kids had a blast. They had a fishing pond where the kids got some cool toys and they also had some candy thrown at them. They all had fun hanging out with each other and playing. I got some pretty cute pictures of the kids. We were lucky to have my sister Katie and her family there. My girls love to play with the Bartlett kids. Hanna and Shelby were almost inseparable. We are so glad that Grandma and Grandpa Larson were able to put this all together. I know it is getting hard for them to do, but we look forward to it every summer. Thanks Grandma and Grandpa, you guys are wonderful. I am so grateful to have such a wonderful family.

Sorry I haven't been much of a blogger lately. My summer has been a little crazy, but it's been fun. I am glad my family and friends have kept up with their blogs, because I still find time to read them. Hopefully I will be posting more blogs, but no promises.

3 comments:

The Moore Family: said...

So good to hear from you!!! Wish we could have been there. Glad you won a prize. It's always good eats and so much fun! Maybe we'll get to go next year.

Alyson said...

I love the dutch oven cook-off! I was sad I couldn't be there. Good for you for winning a prize! I have only won once, and it was a few years ago. I think that says something about my cooking. lol!

Melyni + Alma said...

Wish I could have gone!! I don't think we will be able to go for a couple of years. But I'm glad you (and Erik) won prizes!! The Chicks are picking it up!