Thursday, August 12, 2010

Ready For School?

Well I better be. School starts Tuesday. TUESDAY!!! I can't believe how early it is this year. We do get out really early though. I think it is May 19th or sometime around that date. I don't know if I am fully prepared for school, but I don't really have a choice. Tyra is now in 1st grade and will be going all day long. I will miss her very much. We were lucky to get the teacher we were hoping for. I'm hoping Tyra will like her. I'll have to let her teacher know that Tyra thinks she knows everything and will probably correct her many times. I just want Tyra to like school. I am also ready for her to go. Today when I was really her and Shelby a book Tyra said to me "Mom, I think you need glasses because you aren't ready this book very well." I looked at her with shocked eyes. Did my 6 year old just say that? I said back to her, "well if you don't like my reading then you go over there and read your own books." I couldn't believe she said that to me. What am I going to do with her? So her teacher has a lot coming her way.

Shelby felt a little left out this year, so I am going to home school her. We are going to have preschool at home. She is really excited about it. I am hoping to have it all ready by September so we can start. She turns 4 this September. I can't believe it. My girls are growing up. So if anyone has any good websites to visit to get some good info for preschool please share. I need all the info I can get. I think we will have a busy school year, I am just hoping it will go fast just like summer did.

No comments: