Wednesday, July 20, 2011

BDU, ACU Quilt

I've been wanting to make Jeremy a BDU quilt for a long time now, but just hadn't had enough BDU's and ACU's to make him a quilt. I finally was able to get enough of them and I started on making him a quilt that he can take whenever he had drill weekends or his two weeks. I think it turned out pretty good for being my first quilt. My mom helped me out a lot though, so did my sister Katie. Thanks you guys, the help was much needed.

The quilt was going to be a Father's day present for Jeremy, but it didn't get finished in time for Father's day. I worked on it during his Guard two weeks in June, hoping to be done in time for Father's day. I think cutting the squares took longer then sewing the squares together and putting everything together.


Getting the rows together, making sure I didn't mess up.


Putting the quilt with the batting and the bottom. (Jeremy actually help with this part)


The quilt all pinned and tied ready to be sewn together. (that doesn't happen until July, busy schedule)


I sewed the patches on all by myself. (they are a little crooked though)


I put pockets on the quilt so Jeremy could put his stuff in it, like his phone, keys or whatever he wants. My mom sewed the pockets on.



Finished project! (finally) We got the quilt done before Jeremy left on his 4 day Guard duty in Prairie Idaho. He was able to use his blanket. I think he likes it, but I don't think he would tell me if he didn't.

Well now that I am done with that project, onto the next one. Planning on making some quilts for my 2 little girls. Let's see how long it will take me to make those.

No comments: