Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Tasty Tuesday!

This recipe I am going to share today was really good and pretty simple. We ate it on top of garlic butter noodles. I do suggest that you buy the shrimp with out tails, kind of a pain to take the tails off while you are eating.

Caramelized Chili Shrimp
makes 12 servings

1/2 C. sugar
1 Tbsp. flour
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. chili powder
1/8 tsp. chipotle chili powder or ground red pepper (cayenne)
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1 lb uncooked large shrimp (21 to 30 shrimp), peeled with tails left on, deveined (I made it simple and bought the already peeled ones)
1/4 medium fresh lime ( I used lime juice from the bottle)


1. Heat oven to 500 degrees. Line a pan with foil; spray with cooking spray.
2. In resealable 1-gallon food storage plastic bag, mix all the ingredients except shrimp and lime. Add shrimp; seal bag and shake to coat with sugar mixture. Arrange shrimp with sugar mixture in single layer in pan.
3. Bake 7 to 9 minutes or until sugar is caramelized. Remove from oven. Using pancake turner, turn shrimp; squeeze juice from lime over shrimp. Place on serving platter.

No comments: