Saturday, July 2, 2011

John Vasso's Memorial

I know not very many of you know him, I barely knew him. He passed away last Sunday and we went to his memorial today. It wasn't a big thing, it was only about a hour long with very little speakers and a song. It was very nice (I just wished my kids acted better). We heard some stories and talk about the good stuff and there was even a few laughs and nods from heads. After words there was a lunch that we stayed for. We got to talk to his wife, daughter and grandson. It was good see them. I haven't talk to his grandson Ryan in a long time. I met his wife and seen his two little kids. They are cute. I also seen a old friend that I haven't seen in a long time, Jason (I still can't remember is last name). He is a tall guy still, of course he wouldn't shrink, but I felt super short talking to him. It was nice seeing everyone.

Anyways, I don't really know John Vasso's life story, I barely know anything about them. I met his family when we moved to 3rd ward when I was probably around 15 years old. We went to school with his grandson. Then we grew up and had our lives to deal with. But when Tyra was born and was able to go trick or treating we always took her and then Shelby when Shelby came a long trick or treating over there. The Vasso family always looked forward to us showing up to trick or treat. They told us we were the only ones to trick or treat there. I was always so good to stop there and trick or treat. I always made sure we had time to do that. So this coming Halloween will be different, with the possibility of us moving this summer and then John passing away. Jeremy and I have talked about still coming down to do our trick or treating. I will feel so bad if we can't stop in there to go trick or treating. I really like the Vasso family. Ever since I knew John his health hasn't been well, he was lucky to live to see his grandson go on a mission, get married in the temple and have two beautiful children. From what I've heard, he was a great man and his family loved him very much. I barely knew John, but he will be missed.

No comments: