Monday, May 21, 2012

Day 20, yard work and a little bit of slippin' slide

Day 20
Something you couldn't live without
*Toilet paper (we almost had to the day before, pretty scary stuff)

This weekend:

So this weekend was spent doing a lot of yard work.  We are trying to get ready for the BBQ we are having on Friday.  When we moved into our house in October the yard was a mess.  Nobody had taken care of it for months and with fall on it's way there wasn't a whole lot we could do.  So we are doing a ton of yard work this spring to make up for last year.  Weeds are being pulled, trees and bushes getting trimmed lawn getting new grass seed and a bunch of other stuff.

I spent some time pulling weeds, my body isn't as young as it use to be (ok I probably would have complained about it when I was young too).  My back and my knees hurt and i'm still not done.  Our yard is looking pretty good.  Jeremy got the horse shoe pits cleaned out and is hoping to play some horse shoes at the BBQ.
We moved out trailer to a storage unit.  That wont be a fun expanse but our yard looks a lot better without it back there.  We are coming up with so many ideas to do, now if we can only get them done someday.  We still have a lot of trees we would like to cut down and rocks moved out of our yard.  Jeremy is making it all real nice though.
He even has our BBQer ready for Friday.

Time to Cool off

I bought the girls a slippin' slide this week.  We finally got to use it.  Tyra loved it, she thought it was so much fun, but Shelby did it once and then her dad made her go on it again and she decided that she just didn't like it.  I guess we will have to get her a little swimming pool.
Jeremy even took advantage of the slippin' slide and the hot day.  He had a blast.  It was pretty funny watching a grown man use the slippin' slide, it was like he was a kid again.  I haven't gotten brave enough to use it, maybe someday when I am skinny again.


Now it is time to clean the garage and the house.  So much fun it is.

1 comment:

Melyni + Alma said...

So sad I'm missing the party! I can't wait till I can actually see your house in person!