We did Race for the Cure again this year. It was on Saturday the 11th.
It was a really nice day.
We got to go with my sister Katie and her two girls Victoria and Kamille, My dad, My best friend Shannon (who had no kids with her, she was excited) and of course my husband.
It was a lot of fun, busy though, always busy. We didn't get to much swag (stuff we all get) though.
Jeremy didn't walk with us, he's a runner so he got to the front of the line and took off. We seen him sometime during the walk and it looked like he was hurting. I think he came in in the top 20 though.
When the race started it took us forever to get on the track. We finally had to go around and find a different way, and once we got on it was slow moving. Katie took off and left us in the dust, later she told us "it's a race". I am glad she can walk like that, I can't my legs would fall off, plus someone had to stay behind and keep dad company (that's why I'm his favorite :) ok, just kidding I don't know if that's true, probably though)
SO me, my dad and Shannon had a nice slow walk, I think we were all ok with that. Nice walk, good company, funny jokes (by me of course), who can ask for more.
We were almost to the turn around point when we found a bathroom my dad could use. There were like 5 toilets, but a long line of people so I think it took us about 10 minutes till we took off again. That's ok though, Shannon and I just sat and chatted while we were waiting for my dad. It was a nice break.
We finally took off and got to the turn around. There were some kids there playing interments, one was playing a keytar (I have no idea how you spell that).
There were also a lot of boy scouts too, my dad high fived them all I think.
So after the turn around it was smooth sailing, it seemed to go by really fast.
We met up with everyone at the end and headed home.
We walked by the radio station 103.3, not sure what it's called ( I don't really listen to that station) and Keeky Love (not sure on the name, you can correct me if you want Katie) was by the tent and we tried to get Katie to go say hi to him. Katie really likes him. She wouldn't go say hi and get a picture though, she's going to regret that for the rest of her life. Maybe someday she'll meet him.
So we headed home and the craziness began. We had 2 hours to get ready for Mariko's bridal shower.
We pulled it off though, I will post about that later.
Thanks for walking with me everyone! Maybe next year I will walk faster Katie.
Here are some pictures...
![]() |
| The beginning of the race (Shannon was taking our picture) |
![]() |
| Shannon and I waiting for my dad, he took a picture of us |
![]() |
| Our group after the race, a nice lady took our picture |
![]() |
| Katie and her beautiful girls |




No comments:
Post a Comment