So this year we put Tyra in the Hershey's track & field event.
At first she wasn't excited about it, but she started to get more excited and tell everyone about it.
She use to run all the time, but since we have moved, she hasn't done to much running.
We thought it would be fun to put her in this event, her dad use to run in the Hershey's events when he was little so we thought Tyra might like to also.
I wasn't sure on the time so we got there really early. Yesterday wasn't very warm either so the girls complained about being cold and hungry the whole time.
We killed time by stretching and getting ready for the run.
Tyra was to run the 400 meters (which is 1 lap around the track for those who don't know what that is)
| stretching with her dad |
| Tyra getting in the zone |
| Tyra and her dad |
| Jeremy and Tyra's shoes |
| Shelby being silly |
They did the field events which took forever.
Finally they started the track events. They started with the 1600 meters, 50 meters and then finally the 400 meters.
| Tyra at the starting line. I didn't get a picture of her when she finished cause I video taped it. |
She was pumped and ready to go.
She was in lane 1 and she did good to catch up, but she still was the 4th girl to get to the finish line.
She ran the 400 meter in 1min 36sec. Pretty good for her first time to compete. We'll practice so she will be ready for next year.
After the race she got to enjoy a huge Hershey bar (I told her I would get her one).
All of this reminded me of my track years and waiting at all those meets. I wish I was more into running when I was younger, my be my health would be a lot better and I would have a love for running. Oh well, maybe I can get my children into it, since there dad was and is still a runner, maybe it's in their blood.
No comments:
Post a Comment