Monday, September 23, 2013

What a busy September pt 1 (Northern Idaho)

September!
What can I say, it's been a busy month.
 
Our Septembers are usually pretty busy but this year it's been super busy with all the things going on.
We started it off on vacation, which is always great.
We got to enjoy sometime up in Northern Idaho with Jeremy's family.  His dad, brother and his wife were up there.  We got to spend some time with his cousins and aunts and uncles.  We had a good time.  It was nice to get away from southern Idaho for a little while.
Northern Idaho is beautiful, but I do love southern Idaho and I am proud to call it home, I know it's dull and boring but I still love it.  Even the horrible desert.
 
Anyway we got to do a lot of things like, spending sometime at his uncle's house where the girls got to swim in there clothes, jump on a trampoline with some other kids and find huge slugs.  We also got to eat yummy food and visit with some great people.
We went to a huge farmers market, I wished I took pictures of it, it was huge.  Lots of neat stuff, but we didn't buy anything.
 
Shelby playing down by the creek, wearing her coon skin hat.

Tyra swimming in her clothes, not even jeans would stop her from swimming

Shelby's huge pinecone she found

The huge slug we found.
 
On Sunday we went to a place called Saint Maries.  It's a nice place, but it takes forever to get there and on some horrible curvy roads.  Not fun, I get car sick pretty easy.
Once we got there it wasn't to bad, they celebrate Paul Bunion (not sure on the spelling) days during Labor Day weekend.  So they had vendors and a fair and all sorts of things there.  We didn't do a whole lot, walked around got some food talked to some civil war people and that was about it.  It was way to hot that day so we really didn't enjoy being out in the sun all day.  So we ended up going back to the condo that Tim and Jeremy's brother and wife were staying in and went swimming.
 
the girls and their grandpa in front of the grade school he went to

us in a big old tire

Shelby in a tire

The Poland boys

This is the moose we seen on the way back to the condo, it just walked right in front of us
 
On Monday we just stayed at Jeremy's Aunt and Uncle's house.  It was raining most of the day so we just hung out there and did a little fishing, boat riding and camp fire sitting.  It was nice and relaxing.  The girls both caught a lot of fish with their grandpa.
 
Shelby and her sunfish

A rainbow

walking the beach

Tyra and her fish

I think this picture is so funny, they put those masks on to keep the smoke out of their eyes.  I love how serious they are.
On Tuesday we headed home.  We had a wonderful time and I do love going up there with all the wonderful smells and beautiful scenery.  It was good to see and visit with everyone, but I am glad to be home. 


No comments: