Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Weight Loss

We have been going to the gym for two weeks now. I really enjoy it. It does wear on you once and a while though. One day you will be all energized and ready to go and the next day you will be tired and not very enthused, but you go anyway. Then you feel better after you go. I've been weighing myself every Monday since we started, which has only three. I feel like I've lost some weight. It looks like my face has a little, and so have my fingers because my ring is a little loser. When I step on the scale it still says I'm 145 lbs. I would think I would at least drop down to 140 lbs by now. I might just need to get a new scale. This one is pretty old. We have been watching what we eat, or at least trying too. Hopefully all this working out will pay of soon. I am planning on walking in the Race for the Cure in May. I would like to walk the 5k, but we will see. I am hoping to get Shannon to go with me. I will have to ask her what she would like to walk. I pretty sure Melyni and Alma are running in the race, but if anyone else wants to do it too that would be awesome. Plus you get a lot of free stuff at the end. I wish I could talk my husband into doing it, but he thinks it's a woman thing. No matter what I am planning on walk in the race. Well this is kind of a pointless update, but oh well.

1 comment:

Rachel Chick said...

Totally not pointless! Keep up the good work! From my experience, for AT LEAST the first few weeks of working out, I don't "lose" weight, but I've found that I'm pretty sure it's because during that time, I'm building muscle. So while I actually AM peeling off the fat, the weight on the scale doesn't go down. In fact during some of my most vigorous months of working out, I barely "lose" anything, but I can tell you that my pants and shirts fit A LOT better and I usually start going down on the scale AFTER I stop working out, for the sheer fact that at that point, I start losing muscle-mass. Just keep it up and don't worry about the scale. Look at how you feel and look and you'll notice the changes much more! :) Buck up little camper! :)