We did our pirate movie night last night. I think it turned out pretty good.
We had us some pirate food, which was,
Fried Fish (fish sticks)
Fish & Chips (potato chips & goldfish crackers)
Sea Foam (chip dip)
Scurvy Dogs (little smokies)
Fish eyes (olives & grapes)
Fried Eels (Carrots sticks)
Fish Brains (cantaloupe)
Pirate Brew (root beer)
and
Pirate Booty (popcorn, gold chocolate coins & gushers)
The girls dressed up as pirates, Shelby really got into it.
The girls thought it was a lot of fun and the names were really funny.
At first they were really into the movie (Pirates of the Caribbean 1), but with it not being a cartoon they didn't always stay interested.
Tyra got a little scared I think. She didn't like the skeleton pirates and would cover up with her blanket.
After the movie was over I asked the girls what they thought, Shelby said it was an adult movie because it scared kids.
But in the end, Tyra gave it a 1 thumbs up and Shelby gave it a 2.
They are excited for next weeks movie.
Our March movies are:
March 8th- Willy Wonka and the Chocolate factory (I don't really like this movie but I think the girls will like it)
March 15- Darby O' Gill and the little people (to celebrate St. Patrick's day)
March 22nd- Tangled
March 29th- James and the Giant Peach
2 comments:
That is way more effort than I put into ours. Way to go you! All we did was a treasure hunt with a last minute treasure map that those scurvy pirates hide and we had to find it. Then we sat on a blanket which was our pirate ship and ate the pirates booty--a treat.
Cute! I like the name 'scurvy dogs'. I think I'll call little smokies that from now on, Arrgh!
Post a Comment