Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Class of 2001, 10 years later

Wow has it already been 10 years!

It doesn't seem like it's been that long ago, but it has. I start asking myself, "what have I done in those years?" Not sure how to answer that, I can barely remember a lot of the stuff. I just remember the stuff that is really important to me, like my family. I have a wonderful husband and two very beautiful little girls.

I honestly don't know why I am writing a blog about this, it might be because I need to get some things off my chest and writing about it seems more easy then talk to to someone about it. This might end up to be a long blog (just warning you guys).

So 2001 graduated 10 years ago, and now it's time for a reunion. Well I don't know if Mountain Home is having a reunion or not, I haven't heard anything. Which my class of 2001 in MHHS didn't really make a big impact in my life. I wasn't friends with much of them maybe a handful. I always hung out with the class above me or below me. So it doesn't hurt my feelings if they don't have a reunion. I probably wouldn't even go. I also went to another school, before MHHS. I went to Rimrock jr/sr high school for 4 years. They are having a reunion (this is where I get a little emotional).
Ok, looking back I did think I would care that much about Rimrock's class of 2001 reunion, I was glad to get out of that school (and I'm still very glad that I went to MHHS). But for some reason today seeing a couple of kids I went to school with that I wasn't really even friends with got me thinking. I honestly don't like being reminded of going to school at Rimrock or even seeing people that I wasn't even friends with in my class. When they graduated with out me, I didn't even care. SO WHY AM I GETTING SO EMOTIONAL!

As I think about it I think I've know a lot of those kids since grade school. We grew up together. We might have not all got a long, but we knew each other back then. I felt like I had some really horrible times going to school at Grand View and Rimrock, but it's still part of who I am. They are the reason I went to MHHS and became a stronger person. When I went to Rimrock I would let people walk all over me, but when I left for MHHS my Junior year I got tough and was a whole new person. Oh there are times that I wished I could forget my Rimrock years but I do have some good memories too (not a whole lot). My best friend went to Rimrock and I don't think I could call any of the people I met at MHHS my best friend. After all these years she has stayed my best friend even when I was being a jerk. That's one thing I regret a lot is dissing my best friend when I went to school at Rimrock. She didn't even graduate in 2001, she was a grade above me. I do have friends in my class, but not ones I've kept in good contact with. I think that's what makes me a little upset about not going to the reunion because I wouldn't mind seeing some of my friends (I don't know if they will even be there). Oh well, I guess I don't really need a reunion to see my old friends, we have the internet now. I can just look them up on facebook (which I think most are already my friend) and see if they want to get together sometime. But I don't do that.
Any way, I am so glad I went to MHHS though. Me and my little sister got closer and hung out a lot more, I met some really cool people that I still talk to ever once and a while. And the most important this is, I met my husband at MHHS. If I never went to school there my life would have been totally different. I usually leave high school in the past, but for some reason I got emotional today. So all of you that are going to your class of 2001 reunion have fun, but I think I'm going to leave high school in the past and not worry about it. I do want to say, thank you Rimrock for being a part of who I am today. I'm so glad I don't have to do high school over again! (I don't know if this blog even makes sense, but I feel a lot better now)

Me 10 years ago~Class of 2001 (I wish I was still that skinny)

3 comments:

Nicole said...

I'm glad you went to MHHS! You were a great friend to have! =)

Rachel Chick said...

I know how you feel, Kendall. I did end up going to my reunion last year and I can't say it was nearly as satisfying as I'd anticipated. :) Really none of the people that I'd really wanted to see were there.

The Moore Family: said...

I wouldn't want to do high school again - for sure! One of the good things about getting old is that you forget people you went to school with - other than those you are really close to, and keep in touch with. I've had people come up and talk to me about when we were in school together... and honestly, I don't remember - either them or the event. I think I only remember a couple of people I went to school with at Rimrock. But then I was only there for a year. Most importatly, I haven't forgotten my family. See, I'm not too senile yet!!! :)