Friday, January 24, 2014

Still doing the blog thing

Sorry I haven't been doing my January blog list.
I caught myself a cold this week, lucky me.
And have had no motivation at all.
 
SO here you go, you get a billion of them today.
 
Day 18: I wish someone told me
That Chocolate chip cookies never turn out the way you want them to.
At least mine don't.  If I want to make just plan chocolate chip cookies they never turn out.  Now if I put oatmeal or something else in them they turn out perfect.  Maybe I just need to add more flour or my butter is to soft or not soft enough.  I was told my baking powder was expired  that's why.  I have tried all of these things and they never come out right, so I have just boycotted chocolate chip cookies.  My girls always get oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, which I prefer any ways.
 
Day 19: 25 common sense things people should know
So I thought I would be able to do this one well, I'm always saying "it common sense people"
Well I only came up with 5 so far.
1. Four way stops, need I say more.
2. Don't touch hot things on the stove (I tell my kids that all the time)
3. School drop off lanes, already ranted about that.
4. Flushing toilets!
5. Checking out in a 20 items or less lane with a basket full of groceries.
 
Those are my common sense things, I have 20 more to go.
 
Day 20: Honor Martin Luther King Jr. Birthday
Ok, I'm not a good person, we didn't do anything to celebrate this day.
Jeremy was home, the girls were home, I was sick.
But we did go up to Walmart for a short bit.
I should probably teach my children more about these holidays and why Martin Luther King Jr. is important.  I just never think about it.  They do learn about him in school though.
 
Day 21: Have a great daily routine, share it
Umm, nope.  Like most moms, I get my kids up, feed them and take them to school.  Take a shower and do whatever I do that day. 
 
Day 22: Do your kids say the darndest things
All the time.  Shelby is one of the funniest people I know.  And she is always saying funny things.
I post a lot of them on Facebook cause I don't remember well and forget things.  Like now I can think of something she has said recently.
 
Like last night, we went to Applebee's for dinner and when the waiter came over and asked what we wanted she said with out hesitation, "I want chicken tenders and fries"  He laughed and say asked what she wanted to drink she says "Sprite if you got it"  He thought that was funny and said, that they do have it.
That isn't the funniest thing she has ever said, but we thought it was pretty funny.
I think the funniest thing she as ever talked about was her dad hiding his nuts.
When I say nuts I mean almonds, peanuts things like that.  But the way she would talk about it would make us laugh so hard.
So one day when we were in the car and she said, "dad hides his nuts under his bed, and I don't like it."
We just busted up laughing. 
I could probably write a book on what that girl says.  She is so funny.
 
Day 23: What's in your bag
So I am guess what's in your bag means purse.
Well, I have lots of things in there.  I have a wallet, with stuff in it, no money though, never money.
A pen, 3 packs of gum, I go through a lot of gum.  Movie tickets, hand sanitizer, lip gloss, Tylenol, lotion, a compact mirror, some woman stuff and the most important thing of all Suckers to shut kids up with.  That's why kids love me so much, I give them suckers.
 
Day 24: Review and Item you recently tried
I hope food counts.
It is MontChevre Fresh Goat Cheese Blueberry Vanilla
Here is the a website where you can check it out.
 
I think this is really good, I could eat it probably all day long.  I guess you would have to like goat cheese, I think it tastes like cheese cake.  I put it on graham crackers and it is really good.  I do recommend it, if you like goat cheese.  It never hurts to try though.
 
 
I am going to do 25 now, cause I don't know if I will be able to get to it tomorrow.
Day 25: Have an embarrassing moment, share
First of all, my whole life is an embarrassing moment, that's just the way I am.  I am kind of awkward, but I try to make it into a funny thing.  Sometimes it doesn't work.
 
So I have been doing Spin Class at the gym just down the street from me.  The first 30 min are spin and then the last 30 min is strengthening.  Well on Wednesday when I went we did a game with cards where we would have to get up and do burpees, knee highs, lunge jumps squat jumps things like that.  I am probably the heaviest woman in that class so I feel when I do things lots of things jiggle and I do get tired easier then the others.
So I feel sometimes they are to serious and I like to make things more enjoyable when I am having a hard time.  So I say "I know why you lose weight taking this class, cause when you go home you end up throwing up"
Nobody laughed, not even a giggle, so I had to say "I don't really go home and throw up"
So I guess I will not try to be the comedian in the group.  Or you just have to be super serious when you work out.  If that's the case I might have to stop.
 
Ok there it is for today, until next time whenever that will be.
 


2 comments:

The Moore Family: said...

I love reading these! That goat cheese stuff looks good!

katie said...

You should write a book of what Shelby says! I bet it would sell! Like those quote books that people keep in their bathrooms.
I wish I could be in your spin class with you! I so totally would have laughed. Keep the laughs coming Kendall. Maybe those women need a laugh. You are awesome!